Take a second and think of your daily routine – what is one thing you do often that you know is not helping you achieve your goals?
- Are you always grabbing a sweet in the afternoon?
- When you come home do you open a bottle of wine and have a glass or two before you even catch your breath?
- Are you munching on cheese or crackers because you can?
- Eating dessert or popcorn every night because it is around?
- Going by your favorite pizza place on your way home and stopping for a slice?
- Going grocery shopping after a long day and feeling stressed and hungry and picking up all your favorite foods?
Doing any of these on occasion is totally fine – but doing them daily may be not helping your waistline, stress levels or your overall wellness.
This is a quick reality check – if you keep the food out of the house you will not eat it. If they are accessible you will eat them, and likely it too much. Do not bring your danger foods into the house. Whether it is cookies, alcohol, bread, pasta, hummus, peanut butter, chocolate, cashews, potato chips, cheese – fill in the blank – if it is not in your house or in your office you will eat less. Take the habit out of your routine and it will go away. It can be that simple.
Willpower is only so strong folks. Set yourself up for success and avoid your trouble zones. Make this all work in your favor!