I came across this and had to share. Quick videos on cooking – makes life so much easier! And answers so many questions. Use this as a way to simplify things, learn something new or get more comfortable in the kitchen.
If I could choose a resolution for you for 2015, it would be to cook more of your food. You would be amazed at the impact cooking can have on you and your family’s life.
- Leads to weight loss since food from restaurants is usually filled with extra salt, fat and sugar.
- Leads to weight loss because portion sizes at restaurants are usually 2-3 times what we need at one meal.
- Creates a positive relationship with food when you take the time to cook. You take ownership of your life and your body, decide what you want to eat and eat it.
- Builds healthy relationships with friends and family - sitting around a kitchen table, eating home cooked food improves bonds with the people we love.
- Teaches your kids the importance of whole, real food! Get them involved in the process early so cooking and eating clean is a habit rather than a chore
- Saves money! It is a hell of a lot cheaper to cook food rather than eating out.
- Creates a sustainable plan. Cook dinner and have leftovers for lunch. Cooking will allow you to create true positive, lifestyle change
- Re-learn how to taste. We are so conditioned to a certain amount of salt, sugar and fat because eating processed and restaurant food is loaded with it. Train your palate and learn how to eat again. You would be amazed at the foods you can learn to like and how food can change.
- Take care of yourself and the ones you love. Home cooked food is the best medicine. Cooking is an act of love. Nourish yourself and your family and friends with wholesome food.
Cook yummy food, eat clean and be good to yourself.